This Firm primarily acts as underwriter’s counsel on bond deals in the State of New Mexico. As underwriter’s counsel, our attorneys represent the underwriter in numerous areas relating to the offering of bonds. Our duties include drafting bond purchase agreements, drafting official statements, and coordinating disclosure documents. We also assist the underwriter in meeting its legal responsibilities in the issuance and sale of the bonds.
Representative clients of the firm include: Samuel A. Ramirez & Co., Inc. RBC Capital Markets, and Robert W. Baird & Co.
Melendres law has acted as counsel in connection with the issuance and sale of numerous bond deals including the following:
• $3,005,000 Lincoln County, New Mexico, Gross Receipts Tax Refunding Revenue Bonds, Series 2012.
• $1,000,000 Questa Education Technology General Obligation Lease-Purchase Arrangement and Note, Series 2012.
• $3,190,000 City Of Roswell, New Mexico, Gross Receipts Tax Improvement Revenue Bonds Series 2008.
• $6,395,000, Town Of Taos, New Mexico, State-Shared Gross Receipts Tax Revenue Bonds, Series 2008.
• City Of Carlsbad, New Mexico $8,385,000 Gross Receipt Tax Revenue Bonds Series 2009.
• $16,000,000 Cibola County, New Mexico, Gross Receipts Tax Revenue Refunding Bonds Series 2006 A & B.
• $21,440,000 City Of Carlsbad, New Mexico, Joint Water and Sewer Refunding and Improvement Revenue Bonds Series 2009.
• $38,475,000.00, New Mexico Finance Authority Subordinate Lien Public Project Revolving Fund Revenue Bonds, Series 2007B.
• Sale by Cibola County, New Mexico of its $12,745,000.00 aggregate principal amount of Gross Receipts Tax Revenue Refunding Bonds, Series 2006A and Series 2006B.
• $61,945,000.00 New Mexico Finance Authority Senior Lien Public Project Revolving Fund Revenue Bonds, Series 2007E.
• Santa Fe County, New Mexico $22,305,000 Capital Outlay Gross Receipts Tax Revenue Bonds, Series 2010A
• Santa Fe County, New Mexico $10,355,000 Capital Outlay Gross Receipts Tax Revenue Bonds, Series 2010B.
• City Of Rio Rancho, New Mexico $57,990,000.00 Water and Wastewater System Refunding Revenue Bonds Series 2009.
• $24,330,000 City of Las Cruces, New Mexico State Shared Gross Receipts Tax Refunding Revenue Bonds, Series 2010
Our Attorneys are Martindale Hubble Peer review rated and our Firm is a proud member of the Better Business Bureau.